Impress your friends - fatten your enemies !
- 250g dark chocolate - about 60% cocoa, e.g. Lindt 60%, Migros 70% +
Edelbitter, Valrhona, Trader Joe's dark belgian chocolate...
- 250 ml (or half pint) fresh whipping cream
- 4 to 5 fresh egg whites
- Melt the chocolate using a water bath (keep some chocolate
aside if you want it crunchy, see below)
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks
- Whip the cream
- Slowly mix chocolate into the whipped cream using a whisk
- Clean the mixer. Whip the egg whites until stiff
- Mix egg white into the chocolate cream using a whisk
- For added crunch, mix some ground chocolate into the mousse
This recipe uses raw egg, caution advised.