alix6f2 = 2 LAN / 1 miniPCI / 1 miniPCI Express / LX800 /
256 MB / USB / dual SIM socket|
- CPU: 500 MHz AMD Geode LX800
- DRAM: 256 MB DDR DRAM
- Storage: CompactFlash socket
- Power: DC jack or passive POE, min. 7V to max. 20V
- Three front panel LEDs, pushbutton
- Expansion: 1 miniPCI slot, 1 miniPCI Express slot (USB only), LPC bus
- Connectivity: 2 Ethernet channels (Via VT6105M 10/100)
- I/O: DB9 serial port, dual USB port
- Board size: 6 x 6" (152.4 x 152.4 mm)
- Firmware: tinyBIOS
44 pin IDE, I2C bus, buzzer, RTC battery|
|SIM socket ?
By itself the SIM socket does not do anything. You need a 3G modem in the
miniPCI express socket to get connectivity.|
|miniPCI Express ?
This is a new standard for small size radio modules, using PCI Express
and USB 2.0 connectivity. On ALIX, only USB 2.0 connectivity is supported.
Some manufacturers of radio modules:
- Sierra Wireless
- wi-fi cards using PCI express will NOT work !
- 3G Modem modules based on Qualcomm chipsets (most on the market)
don't work reliably with the AMD CS5536 USB controller unless the USB rate
is limited to 12 Mb/s !!! Please see our support forum or contact our
technical support for more detailed instructions. Some
Ericsson modules don't observe the reset signal, difficult to get a proper
reset on warm reboot.
|BIOS update note
Board ID has been changed, flash updater will look for alix5.bin . Latest BIOS
|Changes from alix6e
- Enhance resistance to injected RF energy.
- Change chassis ground connections to enhance resistance to ESD / burst.
- Disconnect miniPCI express pins 30 and 32 (SMBDAT / SMBCLK).
- Reset controlled by USBEN2.
- Shift miniPCI connector to fit larger Wifi modules (dcma82 / dnma92).
|© 2002-2016 PC Engines GmbH. All rights reserved.|